University Gastroenterology & Hepatology Associates
The physicians of University Gastroenterology & Hepatology Associates specialize in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
We offer the safest, most advanced treatments for a wide variety of ailments. You will always receive the highest-quality of health care available in the Central Valley.
At University Gastroenterology & Hepatology Associates you are our number one priority. Our staff members work to provide you with reasonable wait times and seamless interactions with other specialists. It is this type of collaboration and efficiency that allows our patients to have a wonderful patient experience.
You will be pleased with the professionalism and dedication shown by all of our team members.
Areas of Expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Gluten Related Disorders
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Upper Endoscopy
- Push Enteroscopy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Radio frequency Ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- To provide the highest level of care for patients with liver disease
- To teach future generations of physicians
- To educate our community about the importance of liver health
- To further the understanding of liver diseases through clinical research
- To advocate and promote liver health
Areas of Expertise
- Hepatitis C diagnosis and management, including use of the newest advances in hepatitis C therapies.
- Complete Hepatitis B care including cancer screening and assistance in management of hepatitis B in pregnancy and post-partum.
- Cirrhosis evaluation and management: ascites, hepatic encephalopathy, non-invasive management of esophageal varices, referral for transplant evaluation and pre-transplant care.
- Liver tumor evaluation
- Autoimmune liver disease diagnosis and management including Autoimmune Hepatitis (AIH), Primary Biliary Cholangitis/Cirrhosis (PBC) and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC).
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD leading to NASH)
- Alcohol induced liver disease.
- Drug (prescription, dietary supplements) induced liver injury
- Evaluation of abnormal liver function tests including arrangements for appropriate imaging modalities, serological testing, FibroScan and liver biopsy.