Marina Roytman M.D., FACP
- Professor of Clinical Medicine, UCSF
- Liver Program Director, UCSF Fresno
Marina Roytman, M.D., FACP, is board certified in Internal Medicine and fellowship trained in Medical Education.
Her interests include viral hepatitis, drug induced liver injury, autoimmune hepatitis, and medical education.
She has won multiple awards for her presentations on hepatitis and drug induced liver injury. Dr. Roytman has also served as Hepatology Elective Supervisor and Hepatobiliary Journal and Research Club Moderator.
She is a member of the American Association of Study of Liver Disease and an elected fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Her hobbies include yoga, reading and creative writing. She is fluent in Russian.
Education and Training
- Hawaii Medical Association Physician Leadership Development Program
- John A. Burns School of Medicine; Medical Education Fellowship
- Mount Sinai Hospital; Internal Medicine Residency
- Oregon Health Sciences University; Medical School
- University of Hawaii at Manoa; Chemistry B.A.
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
Research and Publications
- Wong L, Lacar L, Roytman M, Oroff S. Urgent Liver Transplantation for Dietary Supplements: An Under Recognized Problem. Transplant Proceedings. 2017; 49(2):322-325.
- Roytman M, Ramkissoon R, Wu CJ, Hong L, Trujillo R, Huddleston L, Poerzgen P, Seto T, Wong L, Tsai N. Examining the Clinical Course of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C Patients Treated with the Cosmos Regimen: Including Patients with Advanced Liver Disease, and East Asian Ancestry. Hepatology International. 2016 Mar 30. Doi: 10.1007/s12072-0169719-4. PMID: 27026431.
- Roytman M. Tang A. Wu C. Piotrowski J. Hong L. Trujillo R. Huddleston L. Hung I. Poerzgen P. Kalathil S. Tsai N. Real life experience with Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir fixed dose regimen in a multiethnic cohort of patients with chronic hepatitis C. Poster presentation, AASLD (American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases) Annual meeting, November 15, 2015. Hepatology, Vol. 62 (suppl 1): 761A.
- Roytman M, Ramkissoon R. Hong L. Huddleston L. Trujilo R. Seto T. Poerzgen, P. Tsai N. Examining the Clinical Course of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C Patients treated with the COSMOS Regimen: Including Patients With Advanced Liver Disease, and East Asian Ancestry. Journal of Hepatology, Vol. 62 (S671), 2015.
- Roytman M. Poerzgen P. Lee C. Huddleston L. Wong L. Tsai N. Cluster of severe hepatotoxicity linked to a new formulation of OxyELITE Pro. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 109:1296-8, 2014.
- Wong L. Roytman M. Tsai N. Isolated Hepatitis B core Antibody positivity: a potential risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma, November 10, 2014. Hepatology, Vol. 60 (suppl 4):866A
- Roytman M. Poerzgen P. Lee C. Huddleston L. Wong L. Tsai N. Can a dietary supplement cause autoimmune hepatitis? Hepatology, Vol. 60 (suppl 4): 364A.