Stephanie Melchor MD
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Stephanie Melchor, MD, specializes in obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr. Melchor started her educational career at UCLA to earn her bachelor’s degree in physiological science. She then attended UC Davis to earn her Doctor of Medicine as part of the San Joaquin Valley Program in Medical Education (SJV PRIME). This program supports students committed to ensuring high-quality health care to Central Valley communities. Dr. Melchor then moved a little farther east to complete an obstetrics and gynecology residency with Stanford Healthcare.
As an active medical community member, Dr. Melchor is a member of the Society for Academic Specialists in General Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and American Medical Association.
Dr. Melchor strongly advocates for women’s health and the Latinx communities. She has been invited to present at various events and discussed improving care for limited English-speaking patients in labor and delivery units, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), farm labor and reproductive justice, and forced sterilization in Latinx communities.
Dr. Melchor is fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency – Stanford Healthcare – Stanford University Hospital – Stanford, CA
- Doctor of Medicine – University of California, Davis – San Joaquin Valley Program in Medical Education Track – Sacramento, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Physiological Science – University of California, Los Angeles – Angeles, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Medical Association
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society for Academic Specialists in General Obstetrics and Gynecology