Shelley McCormack MD
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Shelley A. McCormack, MD, is a board-certified physician that specializes in obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr. McCormack began her educational career at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California, where she earned a Bachelor of Science majoring in chemistry. She then obtained a Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. McCormack continued her education at the University of California, San Diego, and earned her Master of Advanced Studies and Doctor of Medicine degrees. She then began a general surgery internship at the Loma Linda University Medical Center, and completed her obstetrics and gynecology residency at Kern Medical in Bakersfield, CA.
While completing her medical degree, Dr. McCormack continued to expand her knowledge by participating in research, including partaking in the UCSF Drug Research Unit, UCSF Clinical and Translational Research Institute, and Kern Medical Research Committee.
Dr. McCormack is an American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist Fellow. She has written multiple manuscripts and created multiple poster and oral presentations. She also has a heart for caring for underserved populations as she was a civilian volunteer pharmacist on the Navy hospital ship the USNS Mercy caring for patients within Indonesia and Timor Leste.
Education and Training
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency, Chief Resident – Kern Medical – Bakersfield, CA
- General Surgery Internship – Loma Linda University Medical Center – Loma Linda, CA
- Doctor of Medicine – University of California, San Diego – San Diego, CA
- Master of Advanced Studies, Clinical Research – University of California, San Diego – San Diego, CA
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences Pathway – University of California, San Francisco – San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry – Harvey Mudd College – Claremont, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Registered Pharmacist License – California Board of Pharmacy
- California State Medical License