Shana L Ballow D.O.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Shana Ballow, DO, is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at the University of California San Francisco at the UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research.
Dr. Ballow received her medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Bioscience, she completed her General Surgery Residency at University of California San Francisco Fresno were she also completed her Surgical Critical Care Fellowship.
Dr. Ballow joined the Department of Surgery’s core faculty team in General Surgery and Critical Care Surgery at Community Regional Medical Center (CRMC) in 2012. In her role as teaching faculty her activities consist of clinical and didactic education, mostly in the clinical setting. The students include a wide variety of educational levels, including medical students, general surgery residents, residents from other specialties rotating on the surgical service, and fellows in Surgical Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery.
Dr. Ballow is member of the American College of Surgeons and has been invited to present both nationally and regionally for her interests in trauma and critical care.
Education & Medical Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; General Surgery Residency
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; General Surgery Internship
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO; DO Doctor of Osteopathy
- University of California, Santa Barbara; BS Physiology and Minor in Exercise and Health
Certifications & Licensure
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- California State Medical License
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
- American Board of Surgery
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support