Richard Kiel M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Richard Kiel, M.D. is board certified in Internal Medicine with a subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease.
He completed residency in Internal Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno where he served as Chief Resident. His Adult Cardiovascular Disease fellowship was also completed at UCSF Fresno. Richard Kiel, M.D., then went on to finish his Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Fellowship at UCSF.
He has earned many honors including the American College of Cardiology, California Chapter, Excellence in Cardiology Fellowship Award and the Central California Veterans Hospital Excellence in Physician Values Award.
In his free time, Richard Kiel, M.D., enjoys creative writing, oil and watercolor painting, and guitar.
Education & Medical Training
- University of California, San Francisco; Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Fellowship
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Adult Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Internal Medicine Residency
- Drexel University College of Medicine; Medical School
- California State University, Fresno; Psychology B.A.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease Subspecialty Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Subspecialty Certification
- California State Medical License