Pravachan V C Hegde M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Pravachan Hegde, M.D. is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine with an area of concentration in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine and Interventional Pulmonology.
He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation and finished his fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Medical College of Wisconsin. He subsequently went on to finish another advanced fellowship in Advanced Interventional Thoracic Endoscopy/Interventional Pulmonology at University of Montreal.
Dr. Hegde has advanced training in Comprehensive Thoracic Endoscopy Techniques and Interventional Pulmonology from the division of Thoracic Surgery at University of Montreal. Dr. Hegde is also interested in clinical research related to lung cancer, advanced devices, and Interventional Pulmonology.
Proficiency and expertise in advanced interventional procedures include:
- Convex EBUS / Radial EBUS (Mini-Probe)
- Convex EUS / Radial EUS
- Tracheo-Bronchial Stenting
- Rigid Bronchoscopy with therapeutic intervention
- Endoscopic treatment of tracheo-esophageal fistulae and broncho-pleural fistulae
- Endobronchial Tumor Ablation, Resection
- Airway / Esophageal / Pyloric Dilation
- EBUS Mini-Probe biopsy and targeting of peripheral pulmonary nodules
- Cyberknife Fiducial Insertion
- Chest Ultrasound, Ultrasound-guided pleural procedures
- Esophageal Stenting
- Rigid Esophagoscopy
Dr. Hegde is fluent in English, Hindi, Kannada, and working French. His hobbies include table tennis, soccer, and cricket.
Education & Medical Training
- University of Montreal; Advanced Interventional Thoracic Endoscopy/Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship
- Medical College of Wisconsin; Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation; Internal Medicine Residency
- Victoria Hospital & West Cumberland Hospital; Residency
- JSS Hospital; Preliminary Internship
- JSS Medical College; Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- American Association of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (AABIP) – Board Certified
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- California State Medical License