Prakash Deedwania M.D.
- Professor of Medicine, UCSF
- Professor of Medicine, Stanford University
Dr. Prakash Deedwania is one of the most recognizable figures in the fields of hypertension, heart failure, lipid disorders, ischemic heart disease, rhythm disorders, and preventive cardiology where he has authored numerous landmark clinical trials and several clinical practice guidelines.
He is a respected leader of several national and international medical societies, having held various positions at the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology and the National Health Lung & Blood Institute. Having published over a thousand medical manuscripts, Dr. Deedwania is also on the editorial board of the top medical journals including the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, American Journal of Cardiology and Clinical Cardiology, among many others.
Education & Medical Training
- Fellowship; University of Illinois
- Residency; VA Medical Center, Bronx /Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Medical School; VA Medical Center, Bronx /Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine – General Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease Certification
- Deedwania, P. Racial differences in mortality in patients with advanced systolic heart failure: potential role of right ventricular ejection fraction. Int J Cardiol. 2014 Nov 15;177(1):255-60. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2014.09.094. Epub 2014 Sep 28.
- Bohm, M., Reil, J.C., Deedwania, P., Kim, J.B., Borer, J.S. Resting Heart Rate: Risk Indicator and Emerging Risk Factor in Cardiovascular Disease. Am J Med. 2014 Oct 15. pii: S0002-9343(14)00889-4. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.09.016.
- Deedwania, P. Statins in chronic kidney disease: cardiovascular risk and kidney function. Postgrad Med. 2014 Jan;126(1):29-36. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2014.01.2722.