Jonathan Wylie NP-C
Cardiology and Heart Failure
Jonathan Wylie is a certified nurse practitioner with extensive experience in providing critical care within ICUs and in response to emergency situations and disasters.
Jonathan received his Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and a post-master’s certificate in flight nursing at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Attending Northern Kentucky University, he earned an Associate of Applied Science in nursing, and a Bachelor of Science in nursing, where he also trained as a firefighter and an emergency medical technician.
Before heading west to Fresno, Jonathan was an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at University Hospital in Cincinnati, caring for the seriously ill in cardiovascular critical care and surgical intensive care units. At The Jewish Hospital in Kenwood, Ohio, he filled the same role in resident surgical support. For the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Jonathan began as an ICU registered nurse, then worked as a Critical Care Transport Nurse, in charge of transporting patients by air or ground in time-sensitive emergencies. After graduation from Northern Kentucky University, he remained as a skills lab assistant and part-time member of the faculty
In giving back to his community, Jonathan served as an emergency medical technician for the city of Edgewood, Ohio, eventually becoming assistant chief of emergency medical services.
He is proficiently fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Case Western Reserve University – Cleveland, OH
- Post-Master’s Certificate, Flight Nursing – Case Western Reserve University –Cleveland, OH
- Associates of Applied Science in Nursing – Northern Kentucky University – Highland Heights, KY
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing – Northern Kentucky University – Highland Heights, KY
- Firefighter Training – Northern Kentucky University – Highland Heights, KY
- Emergency Medical Technician – Northern Kentucky University – Highland Heights, KY
Licensure & Certifications
- California Nurse Practitioner License
- Registered Nurse license
- Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification