Geetha Sivasubramanian MD
- Interim Division Chief, Infectious Disease, UCSF Fresno
Geetha Sivasubramanian, MD, is fellowship trained in infectious disease.
Dr. Sivasubramanian started her education at Kasturba Medical College, where she earned her Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. After receiving her bachelor’s, Dr. Sivasubramanian completed her medical internship at the MGM College and Hospital in Manipal, India.
Dr. Sivasubramanian then made her way to the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, where she did her residency in internal medicine. Dr. Sivasubramanian accepted an infectious disease fellowship at Wayne State University, where she practiced at Detroit Medical Center. She was then offered a research fellowship in infectious disease by Wayne State University.
Dr. Sivasubramanian continues to stay heavily involved in the academic community. She has authored and co-authored a long list of published studies on viruses and infectious diseases. She gained recognition for her work as a teacher. The University of Illinois, College of Medicine named her Teacher of the Year and the Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award from Wayne State University.
Education and Training
- Infectious Disease Research Fellowship – Wayne State University – Detroit Medical Center – Detroit, MI
- Infectious Diseases Fellowship – Wayne State University – Detroit Medical Center – Detroit, MI
- Internal Medicine Residency – University of Illinois, College of Medicine –Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Medical Internship – MGM College and Hospital – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Kasturba Medical College – Manipal, India
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Infectious Disease
- California State Medical License