Brandon Chalfin MD
- Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Emergency Medicine and Palliative Medicine
Brandon Chalfin is fellowship trained in Palliative Medicine and board certified in Emergency Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He then went on to complete his residency in Emergency Medicine and his fellowship in Palliative Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno.
Dr. Chalfin’s professional interests include bringing Palliative Medicine to the Emergency Department and working with residents and to advance the education of Palliative Medicine.
His hobbies include cooking, gardening, snowboarding, bike riding, and traveling.
Education and Training
- Palliative Medicine Fellowship; University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
- Emergency Medicine Residency; University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
- Medical School; University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
- B.S.; Cornell University
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Hospice & Palliative Medicine Board Eligible
Research and Publications
B. P. Chalfin, D. T. Cheung, J. A. P.C. Muniz, L. C. de Lima Silveira, B. L. Finlay Scaling of neuron number and volume of the pulvinar complex in new world primates: Comparisons with humans, other primates, and mammals. The Journal of Comparative Neurology Volume 504, Issue 3, 20 September 2007, Pages: 265-274
L.L. Silveira, L.Lotman, B.P. Chalfin, D.Cheung, J.Yost, J.A. P. C. Muniz, B.L. Finlay, (2005) Scaling of the visual thalamus in primates. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology 46: ARVO E-Abstract 5683
UCSF Fresno Department of Emergency Medicine
UCSF Fresno Department of Family and Community Medicine