Ankit Rathod M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Ankit Rathod, M.D., specializes in cardiac consultation and advanced cardiac imaging. He is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Adult Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Computed Tomography and Nuclear Cardiology.
Dr. Rathod completed his Internal Medicine residency at Wayne State University, and fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Advanced Cardiac Imaging at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
He is an expert in preventive cardiology, Cardiac MRI/CT, Echocardiography, Stress testing and in management of complex cardiac conditions like coronary artery disease, heart failure, arrhythmias, and valvular heart disease.
In his free time Dr. Rathod enjoys racquetball, hiking and music. He is fluent in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
Philosophy of Care
My goal is to deliver patient-centered, evidence-based, quality cardiovascular care through a compassionate and open patient-physician relationship.
Education and Training
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center; Advanced Cardiac Imaging Fellowship
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center & West Los Angeles VA Medical Center; Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Wayne State University; Internal Medicine Residency
- University of California, San Diego; Cardiology Research Fellowship
- Gujarat University; Medical School
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- California State Medical License
- Board of Cardiovascular Disease Certification
- Board of Nuclear Cardiology Certification
- Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography Certification
- Board of Adult Echocardiography Certification
- Registered Physician for Vascular Interpretation