Anil K. Ghimire MD
Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
Anil K. Ghimire, MD is board certified and fellowship trained in Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care Medicine.
He completed residency in Internal Medicine at John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County and finished fellowships in both Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease through Yale University.
His professional interests include obstructive airway diseases (COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis), cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension and medical education.
Dr. Ghimire is currently faculty of UCSF at UCSF Fresno. He was previously Associate Program Director of the Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship program and Associate Medical Director of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis program at Upstate Medical University.
He is currently a member of the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Thoracic Society.
He is fluent in English and Nepali.
Education and Training
- Critical Care Medicine Fellowship; Yale University, New Haven Hospital
- Pulmonary Disease Fellowship; Yale University, Norwalk Hospital
- Internal Medicine Residency; John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
- Medical School; B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal
- Masters of Medicine; University of Melbourne, Australia
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease Certification