Abida Hasan DO, MS
- Instructor of Medicine, UCSF
Abida Hasan, DO, MS, specializes in rheumatology.
Dr. Hasan began her educational career at Texas A&M University in College Station, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in nutritional sciences and her master’s degree in biomedical sciences. She then moved to Mesa, Arizona to attend the A.T. Still School of Osteopathic Medicine. Upon completion of her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Hasan headed east to the State University of New York where she completed her internal medicine residency and rheumatology fellowship.
During her residency at SUNY Downtown, Dr. Hasan was awarded the Dr. Douglas Mund Award from the Department of Rheumatology. This award is given to the best second-year resident going into rheumatology and Dr. Hasan was the first woman to receive this award.
As an active member of the academic and medical communities, Dr. Hasan is a member of the American College of Physicians, and the American College of Rheumatology, American Medical Association, and American Osteopathic Association.
Dr. Hasan can speak basic medical Spanish and is conversational in Urdu.
Education and Training
- Rheumatology Fellowship – State University of New York Downstate – Brooklyn, NY
- Internal Medicine Residency – State University of New York Downstate – Brooklyn, NY
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – A.T. Still University – Mesa, AZ
- Master of Science, Biomedical Sciences – University of North Texas – Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Science, Nutritional Sciences – Texas A&M University – College Station, TX
Licensure & Certifications
- American College of Rheumatology
- Americal Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association