University Neurology Associates
University Neurology Associates is no longer in operation.
Update as of April 8, 2020:
At this time, Mark Stecker, MD, PhD, can see patients for virtual visits that can be set up using the following link, http://provider.kareo.com/mark-stecker.
Update as of March 24, 2020:
At this time, Mark Stecker, MD, PhD, is seeing patients at the Family HealthCare Network in the Deran Koligian Ambulatory Care Center. For patients interested in seeing Dr. Stecker at this new location, please call (559) 608-6500 and press 3.
Update as of March 5, 2020:
It is our understanding that at this time, FINS will not be in operation for the foreseeable future. Again, we are deeply disappointed by the impact this is having on the continuity of patient care and empathize with patients who are experiencing uncertainty and confusion during this time.
We encourage patients to contact their primary care provider or referring provider for resources on continued neurological care.
February 28, 2020:
In October of 2019, Central California Faculty Medical Group was informed by the physicians at University Neurology Associates that they would be ending their affiliation with the organization, and starting an independent private practice, Fresno Institute of Neurological Sciences (FINS).
We understood that this transition would not change the location, contact information and hours of operation for the providers, and we had hoped would have little impact on patient care. CCFMG worked closely with all interested parties to ensure this transition happened by March 1.
However, the providers of FINS have recently informed us that they may not be fully operational on March 1, as they originally intended. We are deeply disappointed that the delay in FINS opening will likely impact the continuity of patient care, and we empathize with patients and their families who are facing uncertainty and confusion during this transition.
We encourage patients to contact their referring provider about additional resources for continued care. For any patients who may be facing a medical emergency, please go to the nearest Emergency Room or call 9-1-1. Please continue to check back with us periodically, and we will provide updates as additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How soon can I see my neurology provider?
- At this time, we are unsure of when patients can see their providers as we do not have any forwarding information for a new office for them. If we receive forwarding information for the providers, we will be happy to share that information with you. We will also be providing updates on www.universityneurologyassociates.com.
- Is my neurology provider practicing in a new location?
- At this time, we are unsure of where these providers will be practicing in the future. If we receive information for a new practice for the provider, we will be happy to share that information with you. We will also be providing updates on www.universityneurologyassociates.com.
- Do you have any other neurology providers in your group?
- At this time, Central California Faculty Medical Group and the University Centers of Excellence do not have any outpatient neurology providers or services.
- Where do I go for continued neurological care and to get my prescriptions refilled?
- Please contact your primary care provider or referring provider for information on continued care and for prescription refills.
- How can I request my medical records?
- To request your medical records, please call 559.453.5200 (x11213) and leave a message if it goes to voicemail.
- What if I have a medical emergency?
- Please go to the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1. Community Regional Medical Center is fully equipped to handle and respond to any patient presenting in the ER with a neurologic emergency.
- Is there anyone else I can talk to for more information?
- Unfortunately, at this time, that is all the information we have. We understand the uncertainty and confusion this is causing patients, and if we receive more information, we will be happy to share it with patients. We will also be providing updates on www.universityneurologyassociates.com.