Yan Cho MD, RPVI
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Intervention
Yan Cho, MD, RPVI, is a fellowship-trained and board-certified surgeon specializing in vascular surgery and endovascular intervention.
Dr. Cho earned her Doctor of Medicine from the Penn State College of Medicine in Hersey, Pennsylvania. Upon completing medical school, Dr. Cho attended UCSF Fresno to carry on her training with a general surgery residency. To further specialize her skills, Dr. Cho completed a vascular surgery fellowship at UCLA-Harbor, where only one fellow is taken each year.
As an active member of the medical community, Dr. Cho is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the Society for Vascular Surgery and has been published in peer-reviewed journals. Her clinical interests include treating arterial and venous diseases and utilizing open or endovascular approaches. Dr. Cho’s goal is to keep her patients healthy, active, and doing what they love.
Dr. Cho was drawn to vascular surgery due to its ever-changing technology and the lifelong relationships she can build with her patients.
When Dr. Cho is not seeing patients, teaching the next generation of world-class surgeons, or conducting research, you can find her on a foodie adventure, trying new dishes and bites, especially various Southeast Asian cuisines.
Education and Training
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship – Harbor-UCLA – Torrance, CA
- General Surgery Residency – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Doctor of Medicine – Pennsylvania State University – Hershey, PA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Surgery – Vascular Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- California Fluoroscopy License
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- California State Medical License