Walter Forred M.D.
- Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Dr. Forred earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas and completed residency in Family Medicine at the Silas B. Hayes Army Community Hospital, Ft. Ord, California. He then went on to complete a fellowship at the National Institute for Program Director Development at the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Before becoming the Medical Director for the Hillblom Center on Aging at UCSF Fresno, Dr. Forred was the Medical Director of Hospice of West in Phoenix Arizona. Dr. Forred has held numerous leadership roles in various medical programs including the Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Phoenix Baptist Hospital in Phoenix as well as being the Director of Medical Education at Phoenix Baptist Hospital. He was also the Medical Director for the Center for Senior Health at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois.
Education & Medical Training
- American Academy of Family Practice Physicians; Fellowship at the National Institute for Program Director Development
- Foster College of Business Administration; Certificate in Healthcare Management Development
- Silas B. Hayes Army Community Hospital, Ft. Ord, CA; Residency in Family Practice
- University of Kansas; Doctor of Medicine
- University of South Dakota, BS in Medicine
- University of South Dakota, BA in Chemistry
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow, American Geriatrics Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatric Medicine, American Board of Family Practice