Varsha Babu MD
- Medical Director, University Diabetes and Endocrine Specialists
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Director, Division of Endocrinology
- Director, Insulin Pump and CGM Clinic
Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Internal Medicine.
Varsha Babu, M.D is board certified in Endocrinology and Internal Medicine.
She completed an Internal Medicine residency at Yale University’s Bridgeport Hospital Program and subsequently finished her fellowship in Endocrinology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/ UCLA program.
Dr. Babu’s areas of expertise include Endocrinology with special interest in thyroid cancer, pituitary and adrenal disorders, PCOS and women’s health, and insulin pump management.
She is currently faculty of University of California, San Francisco at UCSF Fresno. Dr. Babu was previously Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at University of North Dakota, and faculty at Sanford Medical Center in Fargo, ND.
Dr. Babu has earned many awards including the Perter Bartelloni Award and ER ‘Best Resident’ award at Bridgeport Hospital, and the first prize in poster competitions at 23rd Annual Science Symposium in Bridgeport Connecticut.
Her hobbies include music and Indian classical dance. She is fluent in English and Malayalam.
Education and Training
- Endocrinology Fellowship; Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/UCLA
- Internal Medicine Residency; Bridgeport Hospital/ Yale University
- Medical School; Govt. TD Medical College, Alappuzha, India
Licensure & Certifications
- State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine – General Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Endocrinology,