Trung “Tim” Nguyen DO, MBA
Dr. Nguyen is fellowship trained and board certified in gynecologic oncology.
He graduated with highest honors from Rutgers University, where he was distinguished as a Rutgers Scholar. He subsequently earned his medical degree with honors from Touro University, California. He then completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the Washington University School of Medicine, where he won the Resident Research Award. Dr. Nguyen finished his fellowship in gynecologic oncology at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Camden, New Jersey, in 2012.
Dr. Nguyen joined the faculty at UCSF Fresno as the Director of Gynecologic Oncology. He was previously faculty at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Nguyen has experience in complex open abdominal/pelvic surgery and minimally invasive surgery with laparoscopic and robotic surgery. He performed the first robotic surgery at the Stanford Hospital – ValleyCare in Pleasanton and completed hundreds of robotic surgeries to date.
As someone whose family members have been affected by cancer, Dr. Nguyen understands the struggle patients and their families go through.
“Treat your patients how you wish your family to be treated” is his care philosophy. His patients voted him to be among the top 10% of “most likely to be recommended” physicians at Stanford Healthcare. Dr. Nguyen volunteered his time in underserved clinics in the United States and has been on medical missions in Central America and Asia.
Dr. Nguyen has a passion for teaching not only to the patients he serves but to medical students and resident physicians. He is also a national board examiner in gynecologic oncology.
In addition to a busy clinical practice, Dr. Nguyen is also the principal investigator for clinical trials involving immunotherapy and other cutting-edge therapies for cancer patients. He made his personal goal to make these therapies available for Central Valley patients, so they do not have to travel out of the area for clinical trials.
In his free time, he spends time with his three children and enjoys the Central Valley outdoor. His hobbies include riding his motorcycle, computer programing, photography, and taekwondo.
Education and Training
- Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship – Wood Johnson Medical School – Cooper University Hospital – Cooper Cancer Institute – Camden, NJ
- Obstetrics/Gynecology Residency – Washington University School of Medicine – Barnes-Jewish Hospital – St. Louis, MO
- Obstetrics/Gynecology Internship – University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine – Honolulu, HI
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine –Touro University, California – College of Osteopathic Medicine – Vallejo, CA
- Certificate in Epidemiology, Biostatistics – Drexel University – School of Public Health – Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Business Administration – Ashford University, Forbes School of Business & Technology – San Diego, CA
- Bachelor of Arts – Rutgers University – Newark, NJ
Licensure & Certifications
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow, American Osteopathic College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics Certificate
- California State Medical License