Thimmaiah Theethira M.D., DM
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Thimmaiah Theethira, M.D., DM, is fellowship trained in Gastroenterology and board certified in Internal Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from Mysore Medical College. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Cleveland Clinic Health System and finished his clinical research fellowship in Celiac Disease at Harvard Medical School. His fellowship in Gastroenterology was completed at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno.
Besides his professional interest in general gastroenterology, Dr. Theethira has received additional training in the management of Celiac Disease and gluten related disorders.
Dr. Theethira has been published in many publications including the American Journal of Gastroenterology and Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology.
His hobbies include traveling, cooking, and hiking. He is fluent in Hindi.
- Best PGY 2 Resident for the year 2010, Internal Medicine Residency program, Cleveland, Ohio
- Best PGY 1 Resident for the year 2009, Internal Medicine Residency program, Cleveland, Ohio
- Best outgoing Internal Medicine resident – KMC India
- Winner of the ACP Ohio Chapter –Doctor’s Dilemma competition
- Winner of the ACP Ohio Chapter – Doctor’s Dilemma competition
- ACP- Ohio representative in the Nationwide Doctor’s Dilemma competition in ACP 2011 held in San Diego
- ACP- Ohio representative in the Nationwide Doctor’s Dilemma competition in ACP 2010 held in Toronto
Education & Medical Training
- Gastroenterology Fellowship; University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
- Celiac Disease Clinical Research Fellowship; Harvard Medical School
- Internal Medicine Residency; Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Neurology Fellowship; Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital
- Internal Medicine Residency; Kasturba Medical College
- Medical School; Mysore Medical College
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification