Stephen Hurwitz M.D.
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Director of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, Community Regional Medical Center
Stephen Hurwitz, M.D., is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology.
He completed his residency in Psychiatry at Boston University School of Medicine and went on to finish his fellowship in Psychopharmacology and Consultation- Liaison Psychiatry at New England Medical Center.
His areas of interest include psychiatric care of the medically ill, clinical teaching, and organization of inpatient psychiatric consultation services.
Stephen Hurwitz, M.D., has received many awards including the Outstanding Teaching Attending Award from Cabrini Medical Center and the Nancy C.A. Roeske MD Award from the American Psychiatric Association for Excellence in Medical Student Education.
Education & Medical Training
- New England Medical Center; Psychopharmacology and Consultation Liaison Fellowship
- Boston University School of Medicine; Psychiatry Residency
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine; Psychiatry Residency
- Hillbrow Hospital; Rotating Internship
- University of Witwatersrand; MBBCh
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification in General Psychiatry.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification in subspecialty of Psychosomatic Medicine.