Siri Kunchakarra MD
Cardiovascular Disease, Non-Invasive/Advanced Imaging, Cardiac MR/CT
Siri Kunchakarra, MD, is board certified in Cardiovascular Medicine, Internal Medicine, Adult Echocardiography, and Nuclear Cardiology.
Dr. Kunchakarra attended the University of California, Berkeley, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Molecular and Cell Biology. Upon completion of her undergraduate degree, Dr. Kunchakarra attended Vanderbilt University, in Nashville, Tennessee, for her medical degree.
After an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University in Chicago, Dr. Kunchakarra completed a fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois. At Loyola, Dr. Kunchakarra also completed an additional fellowship in Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging.
Dr. Kunchakarra specializes in the use of advanced cardiovascular imaging (echocardiography, cardiac MRI, cardiac CT, and nuclear cardiology) to aid in the diagnosis and management of patients. Her professional interests include management of complex cardiac conditions such as valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, and cardiomyopathies. She also has a special interest in women’s heart disease.
When she’s not caring for patients, you can find Dr. Kunchakarra trying new vegetarian recipes, spending time with her family, or planning her next trip.
Dr. Kunchakarra is fluent in Telugu and Hindi.
Education and Training
- Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging Fellowship; Loyola University Medical Center; Maywood, IL
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship; Loyola University Medical Center; Maywood, IL
- Internal Medicine Internship/Residency; McGawMedical Center of Northwestern University; Chicago, IL
- Medical Degree; Vanderbilt University School of Medicine; Nashville, TN
- Bachelor of Arts, Molecular Cell Biology; University of California, Berkeley; Berkeley, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- Board of Nuclear Cardiology Certification
- National Board of Echocardiography, Adult Cardiography Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- California State Medical License
- Illinois Permanent Medical License