Samia Ghaffar M.D.
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Samia Ghaffar, M.D., is fellowship trained in Spine Surgery.
She earned her medical degree from University of California, Irvine. Her residency in Orthopaedic Surgery was completed at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, and she completed her fellowship in Spine Surgery at Harborview Medical Center/University of Washington.
Her clinical interests include surgical treatment of the full range of spine conditions from the upper cervical spine to the sacrum. This includes:
- Spine Trauma
- Degenerative Spine Conditions such Stenosis and Disc Pathology
- Spine Deformity such as Scoliosis, Kyphosis, and Spondylolisthesis
Dr. Ghaffar has volunteered her time for many organizations including being the Co-Founder for UC Irvine’s first student run free clinic and serving as the Undergraduate Representative for Shifa Community Clinic in Sacramento, CA.
She is fluent in Urdu.
Education & Medical Training
- Harborview Medical Center/University of Washington Orthopaedic Surgery; Spine Surgery Fellowship
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency ; University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
- Medical School; University of California, Irvine
- Medical Student Researcher; University of California, Irvine
- Bachelor of Science; University of California, Davis
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License