Rafael Zuzuárregui M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Rafael Zuzuárregui, M.D., is board certified in Neurology and fellowship trained in Movement Disorders and Sleep Disorders. He has an interest in the treatment of Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease, as well as various sleep disorders. His research has focused on the overlap between movement and sleep disorders, as well as medical education.
He grew up in Clovis before going on to earn his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, Fresno. His residency in Neurology was completed at Boston University School of Medicine where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Zuzuárregui went on to finish his Movement Disorder fellowship at Boston University School of Medicine and his Sleep Disorder Fellowship at Stanford University School of Medicine.
Dr. Zuzuárregui has held many leadership positions including Director of the Neurology and Emergency Medicine Educational Curriculum and Co-Founder of the Carlos S. Kase Research Symposium in the Department of Neurology at Boston University School of Medicine. Throughout his medical training, Dr. Zuzuárregui has mentored many medical students and residents.
His hobbies include playing sports and DJing events. He is proficient in Spanish.
Education & Medical Training
- Stanford University School of Medicine; Sleep Disorder Fellowship
- Boston University School of Medicine; Movement Disorder Fellowship
- Boston University School of Medicine; Neurology Residency
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Internal Medicine Internship
- Boston University School of Medicine; Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification