R Loch Macdonald MD, PhD, FRCSC, FACS
University Centers of Excellence Provider
R Loch Macdonald, MD, PhD, FRCSC, FACS, is board certified in Neurosurgery.
He earned his medical degree from University of British Columbia, Vancouver and completed his fellowship in Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery at University or Toronto, Toronto.
His professional interests include intracranial neurosurgery including neurovascular surgery, cerebral revascularization and neurovascular bypass surgery, carotid artery disease, cerebral aneurysms and subarachnoid hemorrhage, brain vascular malformations and brain tumors including meningiomas, gliomas, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors.
Dr. Macdonald is currently faculty of UCSF in the UCSF Fresno Department of Neurosurgery. He previously had faculty appointments at the University of Chicago and the University of Toronto. He was the Head of the Division of Neurosurgery at St. Michael’s Hospital of University of Toronto and the Keenan endowed chair in Surgery at St. Michael’s Hospital.
His hobbies include running and cycling.
Education & Medical Training
- Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Fellowship; University of Toronto, Toronto
- Neurosurgery Residency; University of Toronto, Toronto
- Experimental Surgery Ph.D.; University of Alberta, Edmonton
- Medical School; University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- Arizona State Medical License
- Illinois State Medical License
- American Board of Neurological Surgery – General Certification
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (Neurosurgery) and Certificate in Neurosurgery