Patrick Shepherd M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Patrick Shepherd, M.D., is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
He earned his medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. His residency in Pediatrics was completed at The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/Arkansas Children’s Hospital and his fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology was completed at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
His professional interests include pediatric endocrinology, adolescent medicine, and general pediatrics.
Dr. Shepherd has volunteered his time for many organizations including the National Turner Syndrome Camp at Mount St. Mary’s University and Camp Conrad Chinnock as a Staff Physician Volunteer.
He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Endocrine Society, the Pediatric Endocrine Society, and the American Diabetes Association.
His hobbies include basketball, ballroom dancing, traveling, and community service, most notably through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and through various diabetes camps.
Education & Medical Training
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles; Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship
- The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences; Pediatrics Residency
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine; Medical School
- The University of Texas at San Antonio; Philosophy BA, Biology BS magna cum laude
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics – Endocrinology Certification
Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Pulmonary Hypertension