Patrick Shea MD
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Patrick Shea, M.D., is board certified in Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
He earned his medical degree from University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He completed his postgraduate training and served as Chief Resident at University of Utah in the Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child & Adolescent Psychiatry triple board program.
His areas of professional interests include Autism, Developmental disorders, AD/HD, LGBT issues, and diversity and inclusion in Psychiatric practice.
Dr. Shea has earned many awards including the Resident Service to Children Award of the Utah Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics for outstanding service to high-risk children and adolescents.
He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Psychiatric Association, and the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
His hobbies include gardening, hiking, aquarium-keeping and reading. He is fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Triple Board Program; University of Utah
- Medical School; University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology – Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Certification