Nicholas Betchel DO
Nicholas Betchel, DO, specializes in psychiatry.
Dr. Betchel earned his Bachelor of Arts in Science from Fresno Pacific University and then attended Midwestern to earn his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. He then matriculated to UCSF Fresno, where he completed a residency in psychiatry.
He is active in the medical community as a member of the American Psychiatry Association. Dr. Betchel has also presented at various UCSF Grand Rounds and participated in the UCSF Fresno Journal Club.
Prior to his career in medicine, Dr. Betchel worked with Visalia Unified School District, where he assisted young adults with special needs. When Dr. Betchel is not caring for patients, teaching the next generation of health care leaders, or conducting research, you can find him spending time with his family playing board games, hiking, or fishing.
Dr. Betchel speaks English and aspires to learn more Spanish to better serve the patients of the Central Valley.
Education and Training
- Psychiatry Residency – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Midwestern University – Downers Grove, Il
- Bachelor of Arts, Science – Fresno Pacific University – Fresno, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Psychiatry Association – Member
- California Medical License