Nathan Deis M.D., MSc, FRCSC
- Clinical Instructor, UCSF
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Nathan Deis, M.D., MSc, FRCSC, completed medical school and residency at University of Alberta and went on to complete his fellowship training in Spine Surgery and Critical Care Medicine at University of Calgary.
He has been an Advanced Trauma Life Support instructor and gave lectures on head trauma and clinical skills to physicians. He has also given multiple presentations on topics such as management of acute head trauma, metabolic monitoring in the intensive care unit, and neurocritical care.
In his free time, Nathan Deis, M.D., MSc, FRCSC, participates in triathlons and cycling events.
Education & Medical Training
- University of Calgary; Combined Spine Surgery Fellowship
- University of Calgary; Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- University of Alberta; Neurosurgery Residency
- University of Calgary; Cardiovascular Physiology M.S.
- University of Alberta; Medical School
- University of Calgary; Zoology B.S.
Certifications & Licensure
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Specialty Certification in Neurosurgery
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Sub-Specialty Certification in Critical Care Medicine