Motasem Refaat MD
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
Motasem Refaat, MD, earned his medical degree from University of Illinois at Chicago. His residency in orthopaedic surgery was completed at University of California, Davis where he served as Administrative Chief Resident. He finished his fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at Harborview Medical Center.
Dr. Refaat has received many awards including the UC Davis Faculty Collaborative Research Award, OTA Resident Grant, Reno Trauma Chief Resident Award, and the AONA Trauma Traveling Fellowship – Cairo, Egypt.
His hobbies include traveling, hiking, reading, and exercising. He is fluent in Arabic.
Education and Training
- Harborview Medical Center; Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
- University of California, Davis Medical Center; Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- University of Illinois at Chicago; Medical School
- University of California, Davis; Exercise Biology B.S.
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License