Mohammed Elhassan M.D., FACP
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCSF
Mohammed Elhassan, M.D., FACP, is board certified in Internal Medicine.
He earned his medical degree from University of Khartoum and his residency in Internal Medicine was completed at Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
Dr. Elhassan’s professional interests are Hospital Medicine, Medical Education, Physical Examination Skills training, and Point-of-care ultrasound training.
He has earned many awards including:
- Distinction in Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan (2000)
- Distinction in internal medicine and psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan (2003)
- The University Prize for the best academic performance in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry for the academic year 2002-3003; Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Sudan (among more than 270 graduates)
- Diploma of Medical Humanities, Drew University, Madison, NJ (May 2013)
- Emergency Department Resident Award, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ (May 2013):
- Sudanese American Medical Association (SAMA) Service Award, 29 Nov 2014
- Fellowship of the American College of Physicians (FACP), July 2016
- The 2017 Kaiser Award of Excellence in Teaching nominee, UCSF/Fresno Internal Medicine Residency Program, June 2017
- Teaching Scholars Program (TSP), UCSF, 2017-2018
Dr. Elhassan’s hobby is soccer and he is fluent in Arabic.
Education & Medical Training
- MBBS, Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum
- Internal Medicine Residency, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine Certification
- Elhassan, M. Can Physical Examination Skills Survive the Era of Modern Diagnostic Tests? AMEE MedEdPublish, 2017, 6, , 3, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.15694/mep.2017.000003
- Elhassan, M . Legionella Pneumonia Masquerading as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease [abstract]. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2017; 12 (suppl 2). http://www.shmabstracts.com/abstract/legionella-pneumonia-masquerading-as-pelvic-inflammatory-disease/. Accessed April 25, 2017.
- Elhassan M, and Guha Venkatraman. Celiac Disease Hiding Behind Cerebral White Matter Lesions: A Case Report. International Journal of Celiac Disease, vol. 5, no. 2 (2017): 81-82. doi: 10.12691/ijcd-5-2-3.
- Elhassan M. Physical examination checklist for medical students: can less be more? Int J Med Educ. 2017 Jun 12; 8:227-228. doi: 10.5116/ijme.591b.3022. PMCID: PMC5511743
- Elhassan M. Success and survival conference: a novel idea to resonate an underutilized concept in medical education. Int J Med Educ. 2017; 8:273-275. doi:10.5116/ijme.5969.c8ec