Meg Wolfe M.D., FACS
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Program Director, UCSF Fresno General Surgery Residency
Mary Margaret (Meg) Wolfe, MD, FACS, is an Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco Fresno and the Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program at UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research.
Dr. Wolfe received her Bachelors of Science degree in Biology at University of California, San Diego and went on to obtain her Medical degree at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri. Her General Surgery residency was completed at Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois. She then completed the Trauma/Surgical Critical Care fellowship at UCSF Fresno. She is Board Certified in both General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
Dr. Wolfe joined the UCSF Fresno Department of Surgery Faculty in 2007. She performs Acute Care Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Burn Surgery and Surgical Critical Care at Community Regional Medical Center, the primary teaching hospital. In her role as teaching faculty, she teaches a wide variety of educational levels, including medical students, residents and fellows.
In 2012, Dr. Wolfe became the Program Director for the General Surgery Residency Program. In this capacity, she oversees didactic and clinical education in all sites, monitors resident supervision and progress, and ensures resident competence and progressive responsibility toward independence. She established the Surgical Skills and Simulation Lab and is active in teaching surgical skills to the residents.
Dr. Wolfe is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the Association for Surgical Education, California Medical Association, Fresno Madera Medical Society, and the Association of Program Directors in Surgery.
Education & Medical Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Trauma and Critical Care Fellowship
- Loyola University Medical Center; Surgery Residency
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine; Medical School
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine; Medical Anatomy Preparatory Program
- University of California, San Diego; Biology B.S.
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery – General Surgery Certification
- American Board of Surgery – Surgical Critical Care Certification