Matthew Beutner MD
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Pulmonary Hypertension
Matthew Beutner, MD, is fellowship-trained in pulmonary and critical care medicine with a special clinical interest in pulmonary hypertension, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary rehabilitation, as well as general pulmonary diseases.
Dr. Beutner completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, Fresno. Dr. Beutner decided to stay on as faculty at UCSF Fresno to teach the next generation of health care leaders and joined Central California Faculty Medical Group.
During his residency, Dr. Beutner excelled and was recognized for his great work. In 2017 he was chosen by the UCSF medical students for the “Best Resident Award” among all program residents at all levels of training at UCSF Fresno. He won the “People’s Choice Award” and “Leadership Award” from the Veteran’s Association Central California Health Care System in recognition of his contributions to quality, safety, and continuous process improvement in 2017 as well. Dr. Beutner was named “Internal Medicine PGY-2 of the Year” in 2018 and “Internal Medicine PGY-3 of the Year” in 2019 by the residents and faculty of the Department of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Beutner continues to expand his medical knowledge by participating in research and as a member of professional medical organizations. He is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, and Society of Critical Care Medicine.
When Dr. Beutner is not caring for patients, teaching the next generation of world-class physicians, or conducting cutting-edge research, you can find him spending time with his amazing spouse and three wonderful children.
Education and Training
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Internal Medicine Residency – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Doctor of Medicine – Ross University School of Medicine – Dominica, West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Health Science – Saint Mary’s College of California – Moraga, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society