Mark Stecker M.D., Ph.D.
- Medical Director, University Neurology Associates
- Chief, UCSF Fresno Neurology
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Mark Stecker, M.D., Ph.D., is board certified in Neurology with subspecialties in both Clinical Neurophysiology, Epilepsy and intra-operative neurophysiologic monitoring.
He earned his medical degree at Harvard Medical School and completed residency in Neurology at University of Pennsylvania. At University of Pennsylvania, he then went on to complete his fellowship in Neuroscience/Epilepsy/EEG.
Dr. Stecker has held multiple faculty appointments including Chief of Peri-Operative Neurlogy at Penn, Chairman of Neuroscience at Winthrop University Hospital, Professor of Neuroscience at Marshall University and Clinical Professor of Neurology at Stony Brook School of Medicine. He has been past president of the American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring.
He has also received many awards including the Best Doctors in America award and Fellow of the American Clinical Neurophysiologic Society.
In addition to clinical care and clinical research, Dr. Stecker maintains a basic science research laboratory.
Education & Medical Training
- University of Pennsylvania; Dana Fellow in Neuroscience/Epilepsy/EEG
- University of Pennsylvania; Neurology Residency
- Harvard Medical School; Medical School
- University of Pennsylvania; Physics Ph.D.
- University of Pennsylvania; Physics M.S.
- University of Pennsylvania; Physics, Mathematics, Biophysics B.A.
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Neurology Certification