Mario D. Martinez M.D.
- Assistant Program Director; UCSF Fresno Family & Community Medicine Residency
- Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Dr. Martinez is the Assistant Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program. He is also the Medical Director and Resident Pathway Director for the AMC-Reedley Cypress residency clinic.
He did his undergraduate education at UC Davis and received his medical degree from the University of Illinois, College of Medicine. In 2010 Dr. Martinez was awarded with the National Jefferson Award for Public Service in Washington DC. He completed residency training at UCSF Fresno and was Chief Resident in his final year.
Dr. Martinez practices full scope family medicine; Obstetric care with deliveries, inpatient medicine, outpatient care, Pediatric care and multiple inpatient and outpatient procedures.
In addition to salsa and hip-hop dancing, running, basketball, weight-lifting and traveling, Dr. Martinez enjoys talking to high school and elementary school students about college and a career in medicine.
Education & Medical Training
- Family & Community Medicine Residency; University of California, San Francisco, Fresno
- Medical School; University of Illinois, College of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Family Medicine Certification