Manminder Singh Bhullar M.D.
Manminder Singh Bhullar, M.D., specializes in structural heart disease intervention and interventional cardiology.
He earned his MBBS degree from Government Medical College, Amritsar, India and completed an Internal Medicine Residency with UCSF Fresno where he later became Chief Resident. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Bhullar was a fellow in Cardiovascular Disease, then Interventional Cardiology, both at UCSF Fresno. Dr. Bhullar’s final fellowship was in Advanced Interventional Cardiology and Structural Heart Disease Intervention at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
He specializes in coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention, peripheral vascular angiography and intervention, and percutaneous structural heart disease intervention. Dr. Bhullar has performed the following procedures: angioplasty and stenting, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, transcatheter mitral valve replacement, mitral valve balloon valvuloplasty, mitral valve clip repair using Mitraclip, tricuspid valve clip repair, atrial septal defect closure, patent foramen ovale closure, ventricular septal defect closure, aortic and mitral paravalvular leak closure, left atrial appendage occlusion using Watchman device, alcohol septal ablation, and more.
When Dr. Bhullar isn’t treating patients, he enjoys spending time with family, listening to music, and playing outdoor games.
Dr. Bhullar is fluent in Punjabi and Hindi.
Education and Training
- Fellowship; Advanced Interventional Cardiology and Structural Heart Disease Intervention, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship; Interventional Cardiology, UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Fellowship; Cardiovascular Disease, UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Chief Resident; Internal Medicine; UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Residency; Internal Medicine; UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Medical School; Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab, India
Licensure & Certifications
- General Cardiology Board
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- National Board of Echocardiography
- California State Medical License
Research and Publications
- Sy F., Basraon J., Zheng H., Bhullar M., Ambrose J. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy may be more common than previously reported in Postmenopausal Women presenting as Acute Coronary Syndrome. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013 Mar; 61(10): E52. PMID: 23683950.
- Acharya T., Nalbandyan M., Bhullar M.S., Ilineni V.K., Tringali S., Deedwania P.C. Frequent Premature Atrial Complexes and their Association with Risk of Atrial Fibrillation. Circulation. 2013, Nov; 128(22): A14422
- Acharya T., Ilineni V.K., Bhullar M.S., Nalbandyan M., Tringali S., Singh M., Carbajal E., Deedwania P.C. Risk Factors for Frequent Premature Atrial Complexes in a Ten Year Holter Cohort. Circulation. 2014, Dec; 130 (Suppl 2): A16098
- Singh M., Bhullar M., Samim A., Srikanth M., Katikireddy C. Myocardial Segmental Thickness Variability on CMR Distinguishes Ischemic and Non-Ischemic Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Cardiology. 2015, Jul; 131(Suppl 2): 193.
- Bhullar M., Singh M., Bhullar A., Najafi A., Ferdman R., Katikireddy C. Echocardiographic Predictors of Heart Failure in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Secondary to Hypertension. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2015, Aug; 21(8, supplement): S85-S86.
- Acharya T., Tringali S., Bhullar M., Nalbandyan M., Ilineni V.K., Carbajal E., Deedwania P. Frequent Atrial Premature Complexes and Their Association With Risk of Atrial Fibrillation. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2015, Dec; 116(12): 1852-57. PMID: 26611122
- Bhullar A., Bhullar M., Singh M., Muhyieddeen K., Khatri B., Berg R., Carbajal E., Katikireddy C. Left Atrial To Left Ventricular End Systolic Volume Index Ratio By Echocardiography Can Predict Elevated Left Atrial Pressure In Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Journal of American College of Cardiology. 2016; 67(13_S):16121612. Doi: 10.1016/S0735-1097(16)31613-8.
- Bhullar A, Bhullar M, Singh M, Muhyieddeen K, Khatri B, Ferdman R, Najafi A, Katikireddy C (2016). Echocardiographic Predictors of Heart Failure in Hypertensive Cardiomyopathy. Oral Presentation at International Academy of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions 2016 (21st World Congress on Heart Disease); Boston, MA.
- Singh M, Bhullar M, Samim A, Srikanth C, Katikireddy C. (2015). Myocardial Segmental Thickness Variability on CMR distinguishes Ischemic and Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy. Oral Presentation presented at International Academy of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions 2015 (20th World Congress on Heart Disease); Vancouver, BC. Canada.
- Acharya T, Nalbandyan M, Bhullar MS, Ilineni, VK, Tringali, S, Deedwania PC. (2013). Frequent Premature Atrial Complexes and their Association with Risk of Atrial Fibrillation. Oral Presentation presented at American Heart Association Scientific Sessions 2013; Dallas, TX.