Michele Maison-Fomotar MD
Michele Maison-Fomotar, MD, is board certified in internal medicine and specializes in infectious disease.
Dr. Maison-Fomotar attended the University of Yaoundé I in Cameroon, where she earned her Doctor of Medicine. Upon completing medical school, she matriculated to the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, where she earned her Master of Science in Tropical Medicine and International Health. She then completed an internal medicine residency at UCSF Fresno, where she learned from fellow Central California Faculty Medical Group physicians and cared for Central Valley patients. Dr. Maison-Fomotar continued her education at UCSF Fresno and completed a fellowship in infectious disease.
Dr. Maison-Fomotar is active in the medical community as a member of the Infectious Disease Society of America, American College of Physicians, and American Medical Association. She has participated in research that has covered the barriers to HIV diagnosis and the links to HIV care in HIV-exposed infants in Sub-Saharan Africa and the management of hyperglycemia in non-critically ill hospitalized patients.
Education and Training
- Infectious Disease Fellowship – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Internal Medicine Residency – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Master of Science, Tropical Medicine – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine – London, England
- Doctor of Medicine –University of Yaoundé I – Yaoundé, Cameroo
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Infectious Disease