Luella Guzman M.D., FAAP
- Associate Clinical Professor, UCSF
Luella Guzman, M.D. is board certified in Pediatrics.
She earned her medical degree at University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston where she also completed residency in Pediatrics.
Her professional interests include hospital medicine, education of patients and their families, as well as teaching Medical Students and Residents. She works to support the health of all children, wherever she encounters them.
Dr. Guzman is currently Associate Clinical Professor of University of California, San Francisco in the UCSF Fresno Department of Pediatrics. She has held academic appointments in many other institutions including University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, Quillen College of Medicine, and Baylor College of Medicine.
While living in Franklin, NC, she served on the board for Communitario Centro, and was the Chair for the Policy Committee for Macon Program for Progress (Head Start and Early Childhood Programs). She also served as Chair for the March of Dimes, Macon Co.
Her hobbies include birdwatching, hiking, gardening, health and fitness education, and community outreach. She is passionate about literacy at all ages. She is fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Pediatrics Residency; University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, TX
- Medical School; University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, TX
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics – General Certification
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics