Kate Kiely MD, MPA
Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Intervention
Kate Kiely, MD, MPA, is a fellowship-trained and board-certified surgeon specializing in vascular surgery and endovascular intervention.
Dr. Kiely obtained her Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering from UC Irvine. She attended Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont, California, to advance her studies to earn her Master of Public Administration. Dr. Kiely then earned her Doctor of Medicine from St. George’s University in Grenada. Upon completing medical school, Dr. Kiely moved north to New Jersey to complete her general surgery residency at Rutger New Jersey Medical School, formerly St. Barnabas Medical Center. Dr. Kiely completed a vascular surgery fellowship at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center to further specialize in her field.
As an active member of the medical community, Dr. Kiely is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the Society for Vascular Surgery and has been published in various scientific publications. Dr. Kiely has written and presented on the topics of managing extrathoracic aortic grafts after open repairs for a gunshot wound to the chest with TEVAR, acute mesenteric ischemia, endovascular venous stenting trends, gastric bypass surgery and its outcomes, and more.
When Dr. Kiely is not seeing patients, teaching the next generation of world-class surgeons, or conducting research, you can find her running, reading, crafting, or tending to her houseplants.
Education and Training
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship – Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center – Charlotte, NC
- General Surgery Residency – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School – Livingston, NJ
- Doctor of Medicine – St. George’s University – Grenada, West Indies
- Master of Public Administration – Notre Dame de Namur University – Belmont, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering – University of California, Irvine – Irvine, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Surgery
- Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- California State Medical License