Karen Acevedo NP
Karen Acevedo is a Nurse Practitioner that specializes in pediatric pulmonology.
Karen attended Stanford University for a bachelor’s degree in Medical Anthropology. Upon completion of her Bachelor of Art, Karen earned her Master of Science in Nursing with a minor in Diabetes Care at the University of California, San Francisco.
During her education, Karen worked as a registered nurse at both La Clinica De La Raza in Oakland, California and at Stanford Health Care in Occupational Health. Karen has served as a medical volunteer at CerviCusco in Cusco, Peru.
When Karen is not seeing patients or reading up on the latest pulmonary research, you can find her running around town and discovering new trails. She also continues to volunteer her free time for the Diabetes Youth Families (DYF) organization as part of their medical staff.
Karen is fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Master of Science, Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Art, Medical Anthropology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- Nurse Practitioner, State of California
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Registered Nurse, State of California
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support