Joseph Shen M.D., Ph.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Pediatrics and Genetics
Joseph Shen, M.D., Ph.D., is board certified in Pediatrics and Medical Genetics.
He earned his medical degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. There he also received his Ph.D. from the Department of Human Genetics. His residency in Pediatrics and his fellowship in Medical Genetics were completed at Baylor College of Medicine.
Joseph Shen, M.D., Ph.D., is an Assistant Clinical Professor of University of California, San Francisco. He was previously an Instructor in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine.
He has co-authored many articles published in journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, Nature Genetics, American Journal of Medical Genetics, and American Journal of Human Genetics.
In his free time, he enjoys juggling, hiking, and traveling with his family and two children. He is fluent in English and speaks some Mandarin Chinese.
Education and Training
- Baylor College of Medicine; Medical Genetics Fellowship
- Baylor College of Medicine; Pediatrics Residency
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; M.D.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Human Genetics Ph.D.
- University of California, Berkeley; Bioengineering B.S.
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification
- American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics Certification