John T. Tran M.D., FAPA
- Health Sciences Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Chief, UCSF Fresno Department of Psychiatry
- Medical Director, Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health
John T. Tran, M.D., FAPA, is board certified in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
He earned his medical degree from St. Louis University, School of Medicine and completed residency in Psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Tran completed his fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry at University of Washington. He completed his research fellowships at the Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center and the Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center in Seattle, Washington.
He is currently the Chief of the UCSF Fresno Department of Psychiatry and the Medical Director for Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health. He previously held faculty positions at Washington State University and University of Washington School of Medicine.
His hobbies include table tennis and photography. He is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, and some Vietnamese.
Education & Medical Training
- Research Fellowship; Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center (MIRECC), Seattle, Washington
- Research Fellowship; Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center (GRECC), Seattle, Washington
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship; University of Washington School of Medicine
- Psychiatry Residency; Washington University School of Medicine
- Medical School; St. Louis University, School of Medicine
- Chemistry B.S.; Santa Clara University
Certifications & Licensure
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology Certification – Psychiatry Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology Certification – Geriatric Psychiatry Certification
Psychiatry with an Emphasis on the Medically Hospitalized (Consultation-Liaison)