John Bilello M.D., FACS
- Clinical Professor, UCSF
- Chief of Pediatric Trauma, Community Regional Medical Center
General Surgery, Pediatrics, Surgical Critical Care
John F. Bilello, MD, FACS, is a Clinical Professor, Department of Surgery at the University of California San Francisco Fresno, and the Chief of Pediatric Trauma at Community Regional Medical Center, UCSF Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research.
Dr. Bilello received his bachelors degree in Natural Sciences from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD and his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine, NY. He completed residency in both general surgery and pediatrics. Upon graduating from general surgery at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C., Dr. Bilello completed his Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship with the UCSF Fresno program and continues teaching as part of the core general surgery and critical care faculty today. He has been committed to teaching general surgery, pediatrics and critical care for over 27 years.
Dr. Bilello served our country as a field surgeon in the U. S. Army, in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm in the 18th Airborne Corps, 702nd Medical Clearing Company, 5th MASH and 20th Combat Engineer Battalion. He has been awarded by the United States Army with the National Defense Medal, Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia), Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait), Southwest Asia Service Medal (2 stars) and two U. S. Army Commendation Medals. He received a Customer Service Award for Patient Satisfaction at Dewitt Army Community Hospital.
Dr. Bilello has worked with residents on presentations and posters for the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST), as well as the Southwestern Surgical Congress. In 2012, Dr. Bilello received the UCSF Fresno Borba Housestaff Research Award.
Dr. Bilello is a certified Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET) Instructor and will begin teaching ASSET training courses as Director in 2015.
Education and Training
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno; Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center; General Surgery Residency
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center; Pediatric Residency
- New York University School of Medicine; Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University; Natural Sciences B.A. with Honors
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery Certification
- American Board of Surgery – Surgical Critical Care Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics Certification