Jaya Krishna Chintanaboina M.D., MPH,
Gastroenterology & Advanced Endoscopy
Jaya Krishna Chintanaboina, M.D., MPH, is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Dr. Chintanaboina received his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from Sri Venkateswara Medical College in Tirupati, India. He then graduated with a Master of Public Health from Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky before completing his internal medicine residency at University of Buffalo/Catholic Health System in Buffalo, New York. Following the completion of his residency, Dr. Chintanaboina worked as an academic hospitalist in Pennsylvania.
After his time as an academic hospitalist, Dr. Chintanaboina pursued a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Following this, he completed an advanced endoscopy fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. Dr. Chintanaboina is trained in therapeutic endoscopic procedures such as endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogram, peroral endoscopic myotomy, endoscopic mucosal resection of large polyps, esophageal stent, Barrett’s radiofrequency ablation, and more.
Dr. Chintanaboina has been published several times on the topic of gastroenterology. He presented his research work at international, national, and regional medical conferences including Digestive Disease Week, American College of Gastroenterology, and American College of Physicians. He was also the winner of Doctors’ Dilemma contest, medical jeopardy, at the New York chapter of the American College of Physicians and the fellows’ GI jeopardy contest at the Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology.
In addition to his work, Dr. Chintanaboina is a member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Gastroenterological Association, American College of Gastroenterology, and American College of Physicians.
Outside the office, Dr. Chintanaboina enjoys spending time with his wife and two kids. He loves to travel, cook, and watch movies. Dr. Chintanaboina’s favorite dish to share with family and friends is paneer and tofu.
Dr. Chintanaboina is fluent in Telugu.
Education and Training
- Advanced Fellowship; Advanced Endoscopy, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship; Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Residency; Internal Medicine, University at Buffalo/Catholic Health System, Buffalo, NY
- Graduate School; Master of Public Health, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
- Medical School; Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
Licensure & Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Gastroenterology
- California State Medical License
- Pennsylvania State Medical License