Jambunathan Krishnan MD, MBBS
Pediatric Critical Care
Jambunathan Krishnan, MD, MBBS, is board certified in Pediatric Critical Care.
After completing Medical School at Dayanand Medical College, he completed residency training in Pediatrics at Punjab University, India. He practiced as a junior faculty at the University College of Medical Sciences before coming the United States and completing a second residency in Pediatrics at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center in New Jersey. He then trained for his fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care at the University of Maryland.
Dr. Krishnan’s professional interests include outcomes in pediatric critical care, airway pressure release ventilation and alternative modes of mechanical ventilation, and resident and medical student education.
As a pediatric critical care specialist, Dr. Krishnan is dedicated to the unique needs of critically ill children and their families. He makes sure his patients continually have access to the best medical team to speed up recovery and minimize pain while offering support and encouragement.
Dr. Krishnan is currently faculty of University of California, San Francisco in the UCSF Fresno Department of Pediatrics. He previously served as faculty at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis where he was in-charge of residency education for the PICU. Later he was at the Helen DeVos Childrens Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan State University. While at HDVCH, Grand Rapids he started the Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship program and served as its first Program Director.
His hobbies include sports and travel. He is fluent in English, Punjabi, Hindi, and Tamil.
Education and Training
- Fellowship; University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Residency; St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Internship; St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Pediatrics Residency; Punjab University, IndiaMedical School; Dayanand Medical College, Punjab, India
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Pediatrics – General Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics – Pediatric Critical Care Certification
Research and Publications
- Implications of thrombocytopenia and platelet course on pediatric intensive care unit outcomes
Krishnan J, Morrison W, Simone S, Ackerman A.
Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2008 Sep;9(5):502-5.
- Airway pressure release ventilation: a pediatric case series.
Krishnan J, Morrison W.
Pediatr Pulmonol. 2007 Jan;42(1):83-8