Heather Pedersen PhD, ABPP
University Centers of Excellence Provider
Heather Pedersen is a board certified neuropsychologist.
Heather attended California State University, Fresno, for her undergraduate degree in Psychology with a minor in Communication Disorders. For her graduate studies, Heather moved to Grand Forks to attend the University of North Dakota to earn her master’s and doctoral degrees in psychology. Heather completed her postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology at the Memphis Veterans Affairs and UT Health Sciences Center Consortium in Memphis, Tennessee.
Throughout her education, Heather was active in community focused organizations. She was a Social Skills Group Leader at the North Dakota Vision Services School for the Blind, leading a social skills group for children with visual impairments. She was also on the medical and psychological staff at Camp Sioux for the American Diabetes Association, where she provided behavioral management assistance and taught relaxation seminars for children and counselors at the camp.
Prior to joining the team at University Neurology Associates, Heather worked in Minnesota, Arizona and Louisiana as a neuropsychologist. She conducted neuropsychological evaluations covering a wide range of presenting issues on an outpatient basis. While in Tucson, Arizona, Heather participated in ongoing clinical trials for Alzheimer’s disease by conducting cognitive and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living assessments.
Heather is active in the medical community as a member of multiple professional organizations. She is a member of the following organizations: International Neuropsychological Society, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology, National Academy of Neuropsychology, Louisiana Psychological Association, and more.
On weekends, you can find Heather enjoying the outdoors by going for a hike, hitting the pavement for a run, or soaking in the sun with her pets.
Education & Medical Training
- Fellowship, Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology; Memphis Veterans Affairs and UT Health Sciences Center; Memphis, TN
- Internship, Psychology; University of North Dakota; Grand Forks, ND
- Doctorate, Clinical Psychology; University of North Dakota; Grand Forks, ND
- Master of Arts, Psychology; University of North Dakota; Grand Forks, ND
- Bachelor of Art, Psychology; California State University, Fresno; Fresno, CA
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Professional Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology Certified
- California Board of Psychology License
- Minnesota Board of Psychology License
- Louisiana Board of Psychology License
- Arizona Board of Psychology License