Hakim Kebir M.D.
Hakim Kebir, M.D., specializes in pediatrics.
Dr. Kebir attended the University of California, Irvine and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in biology. He then went on to earn his medical degree from the School of Medicine at St. George’s University. After graduating, Dr. Kebir completed an internship in Pediatrics at UCSF Fresno and then completed a residency program also in Pediatrics at UCSF Fresno.
Dr. Kebir’s research experience includes the study of food availability and its effects on obesity in Fresno, California, and the use of experimental evolution in fruit flies to explore the physiology of aging.
During his education, Dr. Kebir volunteered extensively in organizations that benefit children. He was a tutor for children in first through twelfth grade, a volunteer mentor for at-risk teens at Roosevelt High School in Fresno, California where he spent time with them discussing life goals and tips for future success and was a volunteer at the Bel-Air Orphanage in Grenada during medical school. During his time volunteering at the orphanage, Dr. Kebir would help children with their homework and coordinate after-school activities like sports tournaments, and arts and crafts.
When Dr. Kebir isn’t in the office, you can most likely find him watching and playing basketball and football and scuba diving, snorkeling, and exploring the local wilderness.
Dr. Kebir is fluent in English, intermediate Spanish, and elementary Arabic and French.
Education and Training
- Pediatric Residency; UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Pediatric Internship; UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Doctor of Medicine, School of Medicine, St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Biology; University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certified
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 1
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 2 CS
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 2 CK
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 3