Haifaa Abdulhaq MD
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCSF
- Director of Hematology, UCSF Fresno
- Program Director, UCSF Fresno Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
Hematology & Oncology
Haifaa Abdulhaq, M.D., is board certified in hematology and medical oncology with expertise in malignant hematology, including lymphoproliferative neoplasms, myeloproliferative neoplasms, acute leukemia, multiple myeloma, and has an interest in stem cell transplantation.
She completed her residency in internal medicine and fellowship in hematology and oncology at Western Pennsylvania Hospital and Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Abdulhaq is an active member of the medical community. She is a member of the American Society of Hematology, the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the American Society of Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation. She is also a board member of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Central California Chapter and serves as the Chair of the Cancer Committee at Community Medical Centers.
Her professional interests include medical education and clinical research. Dr. Abdulhaq is a recipient of the Henry Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching at UCSF and serves as the principal investigator for numerous clinical trials in malignant hematology.
When she’s not seeing patients, doing research, or working with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Dr. Abdulhaq enjoys listening to music, traveling, and spending time with her family.
Education and Training
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency
- Allegheny General Hospital, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
Licensure & Certifications
- CA State Medical License
- Board Certified – Hematology/Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Blood & Bone Marrow Transplantation
Research and Publications
- Rahmat LT, Nguyen A, Abdulhaq H, Prakash S, Logan AC, Mannis GN. Venetoclax in Combination with Decitabine for Relapsed T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant. Case Rep Hematol. 2018; 2018:6092646.
- Sachdeva M, Abdulhaq H. A rare case of rosai-dorfman disease in an adult male associated with auto-immune hemolytic anemia. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2013; 5(1):e2013022.
- Costa R, Khattab M, Gilmore GL, Sahovic EA, Miller SM, Rossetti JM, Abdulhaq H, Lister J. Viability and potency of hematopoietic progenitor cells after prolonged cryopreservation at -80°C. Acta Haematol. 2011; 126(2):99-102.
- Costa R, Abdulhaq H, Haq B, Shadduck RK, Latsko J, Zenati M, Atem FD, Rossetti JM, Sahovic EA, Lister J. Activity of azacitidine in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Cancer. 2011 Jun 15; 117(12):2690-6.
- Abdulhaq H, Geyer C. Safety of adjuvant endocrine therapy in postmenopausal women with breast cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. 2008 Dec; 31(6):595-605.
- Abdulhaq H, Rossetti JM. The role of azacitidine in the treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2007 Dec; 16(12):1967-75.
- Talreja N, Abdulhaq H, Shadduck RK, Rossetti J, Jalil A, Makary A, Lister J. Erythroid variant of chronic myelogenous leukemia. Leukemia. 2008 Apr; 22(4):867-70.
- Shadduck RK, Latsko JM, Rossetti JM, Haq B, Abdulhaq H. Recent advances in myelodysplastic syndromes. Exp Hematol. 2007 Apr; 35(4 Suppl 1):137-43.