Geoffrey Rohlfing DO
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Hip and Knee Reconstruction and Revisions
Geoffrey Rohlfing, DO, is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Rohlfing attended the University of California, Davis, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Managerial Economics. Upon being awarded a scholarship, he studied classical guitar performance at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, where he earned a Bachelor of Music. Dr. Rohlfing matriculated to the University of Pennsylvania, where he received a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate.
Dr. Rohlfing graduated with honors and received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from the University of North Texas Health Science Center. There, he was inducted into the Sigma Sigma Pi honor society and was awarded the Chancellor’s Award for scholarly excellence with an emphasis on research. He returned to his hometown of Fresno to complete a residency in orthopaedic surgery at UCSF Fresno, where he was recognized as Resident of the Year for 2017-2018, was awarded Best Poster in the Trauma Classification at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting 2017, and won the UCSF Fresno Resident Scholar Award in 2020. Dr. Rohlfing then completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Dr. Rohlfing is certified in Oxford Partial Knee replacements and is an active member of the medical community through his membership in the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. His main surgical interests include primary hip and knee replacements, complex hip and knee reconstruction and revision surgeries, direct anterior and posterior approaches to the hip, partial knee replacements, and periprosthetic fracture care.
When Dr. Rohlfing is not in the office or surgery, you can find him playing classical guitar, watching soccer, or hiking the Sierras. Most of all, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children.
Education and Training
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship – Ohio State University – Ohio State University Medical Center – Columbus, Ohio
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – UCSF Fresno – Community Regional Medical Center – Fresno, CA
- Doctor of Osteopathic – University of North Texas – Fort Worth, TX
- Pre-Medical Post-Baccalaureate Certificate – University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia PA
- Bachelor of Music, Classical Guitar Performance – San Francisco Conservatory of Music – San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Managerial Economics – University of California, Davis – Davis, CA
Licensure & Certifications
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Young Arthroplasty Group
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support