Farah Karipineni M.D., MPH
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Endocrine Surgery and General Surgery
Farah Karipineni, M.D., MPH, is board certified in General Surgery and fellowship trained in Endocrine Surgery.
She earned her medical degree from University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. Her residency in General Surgery was completed at Albert Einstein Medical Center, and she completed her fellowship in Endocrine Surgery at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Karipineni is the only surgeons in the Central Valley who offer scarless thyroid surgery.
She is passionate about culturally sensitive care. She has been involved in global health initiatives, including the Malek Medical Clinic, which serves displaced Sudanese families, and the Educate Refugees Program, that provides refugees with scholarships for higher education in health care fields.
Dr. Karipineni has been published in journals including The American Surgeon, the International Journal of Surgery, and the Journal of Surgical Education.
She is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, and the Association of Women Surgeons.
Her hobbies include tennis, traveling, and colonial and post-colonial literature. She is fluent in Spanish.
Education and Training
- Endocrine Surgery Fellowship; Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency; Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Medical Degree; University of California, Irvine School of Medicine
- Masters in Public Health; University of Southern California
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program; Mills College
- B.A.; University of California, Berkeley
Licensure & Certifications
- California State Medical License
- American Board of Surgery – General Surgery Certification